2/03/2011

Know more about Emanuel, VP External Relations


Hey AIESEC!

My name is Emanuel Enrique Díaz Miranda, Congress Committee Vice-President of External Relations for the Iberoamerican Leadership Congress 2011 in Puerto Rico! I’m a 19 year old, half Dominican, half Puertorrican guy studying Marketing at the University of Puerto Rico in my second year at Mayagüez, with the hopes of becoming a lawyer when I finish my degree.  I got to know AIESEC from a friend. On March 2010 I got my Induction and I have to admit that from the first time I went to an AIESEC meeting I knew it would change my life. No more than two OE meetings and I fell in love with the organization…

I have been part of ER teams from the beginning: first in my OE, now in the CC. At my Committee I was just a regular, hyperactive member wanting more out of life, so I decided to apply to CC Team Leader Special Events, while doing a Summer Internship at the Department of Commerce in Washington, D.C. The process was the most horrible thing: I turned in my application fifteen minutes before deadline (because work took all my time), when they called me for interview I was on the Subway without signal and then on a storm on my way home and to top it all of I had to run to catch the bus! Of course, it was all worth it when I received that surprising call that would change the course of my next 8 months saying: “Congratulations, you have just been accepted to be part of the Congress Committee!”.

Thanks to my achievements in the team, I was promoted to the position of CC VP ER, and I can say that working with the CC has been one of the best experiences so far. In here I have learned, stressed, had fun, got frustrated, networked, but more importantly, I have come to grow as a human being. Of course it has been one of the hardest leadership positions so far, but it’s all part of the process. After this, I have the certainty that I will be able to apply to any opportunity I want. Thanks to ILC who gave me the necessary tools and knowledge for it. On the other hand, more than just a CC, I have come to love my peers, and not just have friends, but a family I can count on whenever I need them.   

I’m living, breathing and sleeping this monumental Congress, all for the Delegates, for you guys, and I have feeling that it will be the best ILC EVER! I cannot wait to reach March 18 and be able to say: “I was part of this, I impacted youth!”. Which is why I encourage everyone to apply for a future CC experience, if possible, but beware, this may be addictive! Hope to see you soon in my beautiful island, ready for ILC!

Do you know where I’m going? I’m going to ILC 2011 in Puerto Rico!

Puerto que? Puerto Rico, que rico Puerto Rico!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario