2/14/2011

Know more about Amanda, TL External Relations


Hola AIESEC,

       My name is Amanda Castillo and I’m CC Team Leader External Relations for the ILC 2011 in Puerto Rico. I’m really excited and can’t wait to meet you all delegates and I can assure you this will be the best ILC ever held. I’m 19 years old, tall and energetic girl. I’m studying Accounting and Human Resources in my second year at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus. Eventually I want to study Law and specialize in a field that involves sports. I’m a big sports fan; basketball and baseball rock my world. In my spare time, you know when I don’t have my head in a book or doing my ER work, I love to spend time with my friends, go to the beach, cook, play the sax and watch Broadway Musicals.

        It’s been around 4 months since I joined AIESEC and so far I think it has been the best decision I’ve taken in my life. It’s been a delightful experience. I’m part of the ER Team in the Official Extension of Mayaguez.

        A few weeks after the Regional Induction Seminar, I applied for the Congress Committee because I knew it would be a great way to start my AIESEC journey and to learn about ER intensely. At the beginning, when I was chosen, it took me a while to get the hang of what I was supposed to do and how to do it well, but eventually I grew more and more acquainted with my job and now it actually brings me joy to perform it. It’s hard work but someone have to do it, as we say in colloquial Spanish “dejar el miedo en la gaveta” which literally translates to letting your fears at a drawer at home. Finding sponsors is not an easy task, but fulfilling the expectations of the delegates is more than enough motivation to do it and to keep improving in order to do it better each time.

       I would like to congratulate and thanks the CC Team and our CCP, Yesenia De Jesus. She has encouraged a great work atmosphere where we know the expectations we have to meet; we can discuss ideas and have fun. The CC Vikingos are certainly ON FIRE! And I’m telling you that fire is contagious.

        As March approaches, adrenaline levels grow higher. I know the best part of being part of the CC is yet to come. So, I can’t wait to welcome you to the one and only, Puerto Rico! You’ll see that when we say ¡Que Rico, Puerto Rico! We mean it!

Un abrazo


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario