2/23/2011

Know more about Naihomy, TL External Relations


Hey AIESEC!

I’m Naihomy and my current role is Team Leader of External Relations in the CC of the most amazing conference AIESEC will organize in 2011: the Iberoamerican Leadership Congress (ILC).  I’m 21 years old and recently finished my bachelors’ degree in Advertising and Public Relations in the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus. I’ll be starting Law School in August so these are my last months of freedom and I want to enjoy them as much as possible so I’m as excited as you are for ILC 2011. I like to drive aimlessly, read blogs, reality shows, blazers, bright lipsticks and mojitos.

I’ve been in the organization since 2008 when our current MCP, María Mercedes Rodríguez, told me about the amazing opportunities and cultural diversity that I could be part of if I joined AIESEC. I accepted the challenge and it has been one of the greatest decisions I’ve ever made. In my AIESEC XP I’ve been part of the Comm team in LC Río Piedras, CC Communications and Delegates for NatCo 2009, CC Coach for the Spring New Leaders Conference 2010, CCP for the Caribbean Leadership Congress 2010 and now I’m part of this remarkable team.

For Puerto Rico, hosting ILC 2011 it’s a great honor. I’ve had the opportunity to be a delegate in ILC Guatemala 2009 and ILC Perú 2010 where I met and networked with a lot of interesting people, learned new strategies from the great sessions and had an overall unforgettable experience. Now, working from the other side, I’ve lived how much work and pressure is this responsibility but it’s all going to be worth it in the end. This CC is amazing, a lot fresh faces pumped about the organization and working together as one, it has been a great environment to develop oneself in. I definitely encourage you to get involved in a CC role in your country or internationally, I think it’s an important part of having a complete AIESEC XP. You learn from all areas and at the end also enjoy the results. It’s great!

We hope you are as excited as we are for this congress. Puerto Rico is a beautiful and vibrant place with a lot of energy so you better get ready for a lot of learning complimented by a lot of liveliness! Remember to bring your sunscreen. 

Yours truly,
Naihomy

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario